Proposed District Plan - Stage 3
Stage 3 introduces the following new zones: General Industrial Zone, Three Parks Commercial Zone and Settlement Zone into the PDP through Stage 3. Stage 3 also introduces a new (district wide) Wāhi Tūpuna Chapter and Overlay on the plan maps, as well as Design Guidelines for various residential zones and the Business Mixed Use zone, that affect Stage 1, 2 and 3 land. Stage 3 proposes a number of new zonings and mapping annotations to land where the Operative District Plan currently applies. It also introduces variations and amendments to land and provisions decided through Stages 1 and 2 of the PDP.
Full information on this stage is available through the links set out below. If you have any queries on any of the information provided or need help finding a particular document, please contact the duty policy planner on 03 441 0499 (Queenstown) or 03 443 0024 (Wanaka) or email us at email@example.com.
We're here to help.
Click here to view Proposed District Plan Stage 3b
Please be advised that due to technical difficulties with our web mapping application last week (this was resolved at 3.30pm Friday 31 January 2020) we will be extending the further submission period.
Further Submissions will now close on Tuesday 18 February 2020
Notice of Summary of Decisions Requested (30 Jan 2020)
Summary of Decisions Requested
(Key words can be searched in the PDF using Ctrl+F)
Submissions received on Stage 3 start with #3--- e.g. #3001.
Submissions received on Stage 3b start with #31--- e.g. #31001
Supplementary Information on Decisions Requested
Web Mapping Application
A web mapping application has been prepared as a map tool to provide an indication of the land that zoning requests relate to.
Submission and summary spreadsheet
To assist with finding submissions on particular provisions, the spreadsheet below allows you to filter and search submission points by provision. It includes the contact details for each submitter. This spreadsheet was uploaded on 30 January 2020 and will not reflect submissions received or withdrawn after this date.
(Key words can be searched in the spreadsheet using Ctrl+F)
Make a further submission
When a person or group makes a submission or further submission on a District Plan or Plan Change this is public information. Please note that by making a submission your personal details, including your name and addresses will be made publicly available under the Resource Management Act 1991. This is because, under the Act, any further submission supporting or opposing your submission must be forwarded to you as well as to QLDC. There are limited circumstances when your submission or your contact details can be kept confidential. If you consider you have compelling reasons why your submission or your contact details should be kept confidential please contact the Senior District Plan Administrator on 03 441 0499 to discuss.
Further submissions closed on 18 February 2020.
Want to talk about it?
A duty planner will be available during normal office hours. They can also explain how to search for key words. Call 03 441 0499 (Queenstown) or 03 443 0024 (Wanaka) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hearing Panel Communications - Stage 3
Section 32 Reports
Every proposed chapter is accompanied by a section 32 report. This is a report required by Section 32 of the Resource Management Act that requires a number of matters to be addressed, including the cost and benefits of rules and policies.
- 01. Section32 Chapter 20 Townships
- 01a. APPENDIX 2 s32 Townships
- 01b. APPENDIX 3 s32 Townships
- 01c. APPENDIX 4 s32 Townships
- 01d. APPENDIX 5 s32 Townships
- 02. Section32 Chapter 19A Three Parks
- 02a. Appendix A s32 Three Parks
- 03. Section32 Chapter 39 Wahi Tupuna
- 04. Section32 General Industrial Zone
- 04a. Appendix 1 Economic Assessment of Queenstown Lakes Districts Industrial Zones
- 04b. Appendix 2 Business Development Capacity Assessment 2017
- 04c. Appendix 3 Landscape Memo Glenda Drive Rural General Zoning
- 05. Section32 100 Ballantyne Road
- 05a. 100 Ballantyne Road Appendix A
- 06. Section32 Residential Design Guidelines
- 06a. s32 Residential Design Guides APPENDICES B E
- 07. Section32 Business Mixed Use Zone Design Guide
- 08. Section32 Variation to Ch30 Energy and Utilities
- 09. Section32 Variation Firefighting water supply and access
- 10. Section32 Heritage Variation Chalmers Cottage
- 10a. Section32 Appendix 1 HNZ assessment
- 10b. Section32 Appendix 2 Chalmers Cottage Heritage Assessment
- 11. Section32 Variation to Ch 7912 16 Glare
- 12. Section32 Variation Frankton Road Height Control
- 13. Section32 Variation to Ch 2 Definitions Residential Flat
- 14. Section32 Variation to Ch 7 9 Waste and Recycling
- 15. Section32 Variation to Ch38 Open Space Recreation Zone
- 16. Section32 Variation Location Specific Subdivision Provisions
- 17. Section32 Atley Road Mapping Variation
- 18. Section32 Wanaka MDR Mapping Variation
- 19. Section32 Variation to Millbrook Rule 43.5.2
- 01. Chapter 20 Settlement Zone
- 02. Chapter 19A Three Parks
- 03. Chapter 39 Wahi Tupuna
- 04. Chapter 18A General Industrial Zone
- 05. 100 Ballantyne Road Mapping Variation
- 06. Residential Design Guide
- 06a. Residential Design Guidelines Variations to Ch 7 8 9
- 7. Business Mixed Use Design Guide
- 07a. BMUZ Design Guidelines Variation to Ch 16 and 31
- 08. Variation to Chapter 30 Energy and Utilities
- 09. Variation to Ch 2122232438 Firefighting
- 10. Variation to Chapter 26 Chalmers Cottage
- 11. Variation to Ch 79 12 16 Glare
- 12. Variation Frankton Road Height Control
- 13. Variation to Chapter 2 Definitions Residential Flat
- 14. Variation to Ch 7 9 Waste and recycling
- 15. Variations to Ch 383629 Open Space and Recreation Zone
- 16. Variation to Ch27 Location Specific Subdivision
- 17. Atley Road Mapping Variation
- 18. Wanaka MDR Mapping Variation
- 19. Variation to Millbrook Rule 43.5.2
Disclaimer: This map is a tool to help with using the Proposed District Plan.
The map is an approximate representation only and should not be used to determine the location or size of items shown, or to identify legal boundaries. To the extent permitted by law, the Queenstown Lakes District Council, their employees, agents and contractors will not be liable for any costs, damages or loss suffered as a result of the data or plan, and no warrant of any kind is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information represented by the GIS data. While reasonable use is permitted and encouraged, all data is copyright reserved by Queenstown Lakes District Council.
Cadastral information is derived from the Land Information New Zealand. CROWN COPYRIGHT RESERVED. Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand license.
Documents Incorporated by Reference for Stage 3
Variation Fire Fighting Water Supply and Access
- 3 Parks Factsheet
- Ballantyne Factsheet
- Business Mixed Use Design Guidelines Factsheet
- General Industrial Zone Factsheet
- Residential Design Guidelines Factsheet
- Townships Factsheet
- Variations Factsheet
- Wāhi Tūpuna Factsheet
Frequently asked questions
If there's something you're unsure of, you can submit a question or view previous questions and the answers provided on our Let's Talk page.
Wāhi Tūpuna FAQs
To view answers to frequently asked questions relating to the Wāhi Tūpuna chapter, please click here.
Want to talk about it?
A duty planner will be available during normal office hours. Call 03 441 0499 (Queenstown) or 03 443 0024 (Wanaka) or email PDPEnquiries@qldc.govt.nz
Join the mailing list
If you would like to join a mailing list to be kept up to date with Stage 3 please email us your details email@example.com
All persons interested in the Business Mixed Use Design Guide please be aware of the following:
Between 19 September 2019 and 21 October 2019 an incorrect version of the Business Mixed Use Design Guide, was notified and accessible on the website. This error was identified at 10:00AM on 16 October 2019, and corrected by 12:00PM on 21 October 2019.
This incorrect version contained an error in Section 08 WASTE AND SERVICE AREAS of Paragraph 4 (p.22) in omitting the underlined text below:
“Ensure that regular rubbish collection is facilitated to reduce the risk of odor and bins clogging the footpath on collection day. Waste and service areas should not be prominent in form but need to be accessed easily, encourage waste minimisation and should provide sufficient area for waste and recyclable materials to be collected separately. These measures will assist with implementing the QLDC Waste Minimisation Plan 2018. Encourage combined service areas for multiple uses on a site.”
The correct version is now on the Proposed District Plan Stage 3 webpage and the incorrect version has been removed from the webpage. The correct version was approved by Council for notification. All Stage 3 submitters have been made aware of this correction.
All persons interested in the Wāhi Tūpuna provisions please note well the following.
For several hours on 19 September the Wāhi Tūpuna layer was only visible on the Web Mapping Application when zoomed out and was not visible if you happened to zoom in to a property with the viewer. This problem was identified at 1.30pm and resolved by 4.30pm. Please recheck the Web Mapping Application for Stage 3 if you looked for a Wāhi Tūpuna notation on the viewer on the 19th September 2019.